Waverley is a beautiful borough with amazing landscapes and interesting and unique towns and villages. Our citizens and visitors are passionate about preserving our heritage and environment for the benefit of all. Change is inevitable, so it is vital that we manage and guide the development of our borough positively, to increase its vibrancy, retain its special qualities and protect and enhance environment.
By bringing Economic Development and Planning closer together, our aim is to inspire greater cohesion between major development projects and long-term growth. So, there are plenty of opportunities to shape your legacy here.
Planning Service in numbers:
- Population of the borough: approximately 123,000
- Covers 133 sq miles
- Four principal urban centres
- 92% rural
- 77% Area of Outstanding Beauty and or Area of Great Landscape Value
- 61% Green Belt
- 69 posts/57 FTEs – that’s approximately 17% of the Waverley Borough Council workforce
- Split between Development Management, Planning Policy, Planning Enforcement and Economic Development teams
|New Local Plan|
|Planning Peer Review|